Make money blogging
You must have heard about blogging and how people make money blogging.
So you started a blog since you’ve heard it’s an easy way to make cash (true), but you’re not quite sure how to actually make money doing it. Or maybe you already have a blog and you’re exploring ways to monetize it.
The fun fact about blogging is that no matter which group you’re in, making money with a blog – whether it’s a hobby blog or a business blog it is possible.
Note: It’s not a get rich quick ordeal, but if you do it right, you could make enough to support your family and more.
Let’s dive in and see how you can make a profit with your blog.
Sell Digital Products
If you are not comfortable with advertising other peoples products on your site, then you can venture in selling digital products on your site. This can include items like:
- Online courses/workshops
- Images, video, or music people can use in their own content
- Apps, plugins, or themes
Please note if you are going to choose one of these avenues that you make it relevant and useful to your readers.
A lot of bloggers make the mistake of assuming they are developing a product their readers need; listen to your readers first, and then create a digital product that will meet their needs.
Monetize with CPC or CPM Ads
The most common way bloggers make money is through placing ads on their site. There are two popular types of ads:
- CPC/PPC Ads: Cost per click (also called pay per click) ads are usually banners that you place in your content or sidebar. Each time a reader clicks on the ad, you are paid for that click.
- CPM Ads: CPM Ads, or “cost per 1,000 impressions,” are ads that pay you a fixed amount of money based on how many people view your ad.
Perhaps the most popular network for placing these types of ads is Google AdSense. With this program, you do not need to be in direct contact with advertisers; you simply place the banner on your site, Google chooses ads relevant to your content, and your viewers click on the ads. There are countless similar programs available if you find that AdSense doesn’t work for you, such as Chitika, Infolinks, and Media.net.
Include Affiliate Links in Your Content
Affiliate marketing is also another great tool for monetizing your blog. :
- An advertiser has a product she wants to sell. She agrees to give you a commission from each sale if the buyer is coming from your site.
- She gives you a unique link that tracks your affiliate code. That way, she knows when a buyer used your link to make a purchase.
- You include your affiliate link on your site. You can do this directly in the content or through banner ads. If a reader clicks on your unique link and buys the product you have recommended, you earn a percentage of what she purchased.
You can utilize affiliate marketing through ad networks like Amazon Associates, or you can create private partnerships with advertisers and businesses with an affiliate program.
Note: there are other methods, which i will update in this post later.